At Fitness4Fun we work to find new ways for you to remain physically active. Regular exercise is important to the physical and mental health of active adults. Being physically active can help you continue doing the things you enjoy and to stay independent as you age. Exercise can reduce the risk of developing some age-related diseases and disabilities. In some cases, exercise is an effective treatment for chronic disease.
Fitness4Fun in conjunction with John Sweeney Clare Sports Partnership, Geri Quinn H.S.E. Health Promotion, North Clare primary care team and Go For Life initiated the exercise programme for Active Adults in 2014 targeting Active Adults physical activity programme.
The exercises are a combination of chair Yoga exercises and gentle Yoga exercises concentrating on bone health and bone strength exercises which are gentle and accessible to everyone whether they are struggling from surgery or from general stiffness or reduced flexibility. The classes offer many different options and variations to suit people of varying degrees and mobility, ages and health concerns. It is also highly recommended as a preventative practice working to alleviate risks for conditions like osteoporosis, and fall-related injuries.
Book Active Adults Online
You can now book both online classes and also in-person classes in your local area.
We concentrate on FOUR main areas; strength, balance, endurance, and flexibility.
- Strength and Core exercises – help posture, good for bone strength, helps prevent falls.
- Balance Exercises – helps prevents stumbles and concentrates on lower body strength.
- Flexibility Exercises – stretching helps your body stay flexible and limber which gives you more freedom of movement for regular physical activity as well as for everyday activities.
- Endurance Exercises – These activities help your body to stay healthy, improve fitness levels and help enable you to carry out everyday tasks and chores.
The benefits of exercise are many including:
- Keep the mind sharp
- Make it easier to carry out daily chores
- Helps improve sleep
- Improve how people feel about themselves
All classes provide effective fitness programmes specifically designed to preserve and promote active adults’ cardiovascular health, musculoskeletal health, personal independence, and energy levels. Classes are tailored for the needs of students with osteopenia, osteoporosis, balance, posture alignment, osteoarthritis, scoliosis, knee or hip replacement pre or post-surgery, neck and shoulder issues, lower back issues, poor circulation, lack of muscular strength, bladder, heart disease, parkinsons, lack of mobility, cramp or muscle stiffness, overuse injury.