The founder of Fitness4Fun, North Clare native John Conroy is an experienced and qualified fitness coach.
He has worked with various community, voluntary, state organisations and private companies in Ireland dealing with all age groups. Internationally, John continues to work in underdeveloped countries working with the most marginalised and vulnerable children and adults.
John has 15 years of experience working as a GAA coach and was a championship medal winner with Michael Cusack’s and Tubber. John also played in an All-Ireland final with Warrenstown College. He coached Doora-Barefield Ladies and Michael Cusack’s clubs to championship titles.
Current statistics and analysis with Clare Senior footballers and committee member of Clare GAA Health and Well Being.
John also has a keen interest in athletics having coached juveniles with Ennis Track AC. He acted as race organiser for the hugely popular Hurley-Hoey 10Km Run/Walk raising € 110,000 for local charities. John is also an accomplished athlete in his own right running marathons with the Clare Crusaders running group.
- Four years employed by Clarecare as a supervisor in setting up and developing a Daycare Centre in Killaloe to cater to the needs of the elderly in the East Clare region.
- Previously worked with the Brothers of Charity in Kilrush and Ennis.
- Instructor/trainer for Go for Life Games for any new groups or established groups who may need refresher training.
- John has featured on RTE Radio 1’s Countryside with Marty Morrissey and also in the local media and on Clare FM on the success of the Senior Adult Exercise programme within Clare.
- Irish TV on Country Matters featured Fitness4Fun demonstrating exercise classes at the Clare Older Adult Expo in Carrigoran House Newmarket.
Fitness4Fun has worked with the following organisations:
- University of Limerick – Move For Life
- Clare County Library
- Clare Sports Partnership
- Laya Health and Wellness
- Men’s Shed Groups
- Active Retirement Groups
- Operation Transformation
- Family Resources
- National Schools
- Hospice Jinja
- Soft Power Education
- Clare Local Development in developing sports programmes for various multinational companies, community groups, minority groups, and international charities.
John’s qualifications are as follows;
- Exercise for the prevention of Falls and injuries in Frailer Older People, – Later Life Training – July 2022
- Certified Yoga for Lower back – Yoga Vista Academy, California – March 2021
- Community Addiction Studies, level 5 – L.C.E.T.B.- February 2021
- Certified Corporate Yoga Instructor – Yoga Vista Academy, California – January 2020
- Certified Yoga4Cancer Instructor – Yoga4cancer.com, New York – Tari Prinster May 2019
- Certified Gentle Yoga Instructor – Yoga Vista Academy California – May 2018
- Certified Chair Yoga Instructor – Yoga Vista Academy, California – June 2017
- PE at the Heart of an Integrated Curriculum – Setanta College – August 2015
- Certificate in Coaching Skills, Movement and Function to Juveniles – August 2015
- Movement skill and fitness development – ( The Child ) – Setanta College – December 2014
- Go for Life Care Pals – November 2014
- Disability Inclusion Training – Cara – November 2014
- SAQ Conditioning Award – October 2014
- Child Protection in Sport – August 2014
- Speed Agility Quickness in Sport – July 2014
- Foundations in Athletics AAI –June 2014
- Occupational First Aid Fetac 5 – February 2014
- National Council for Exercise in Health and Fitness ( N.C.E.F. ) Diploma – Active Older Adult Specialist Course – University Of Limerick – June 2013
- National Council for Exercise in Health and Fitness ( N.C.E.F. ) Certificate – University Of Limerick – June 2012
John is also on the board of Directors of Hospice Jinja, co-ordinated and lead 34 Irish volunteers to Uganda from 2017 to 2022, fundraising a total of €150,000 benefiting Hospice Jinja and the UK charity SoftPower. John has also implemented a sports development programme with primary schools in different regions in Ghana, Uganda, and Tanzania.